Financial support for bereaved families


Overview: Who can we go to for financial support?

If the deceased’s family or whānau can’t afford to pay for the funeral or tangihanga, they’ll need to go in to their local Work and Income office and apply for a grant.

If the death has been brought about by an accident, ACC can provide a range of payments, including funeral grants and survivor’s grants for the partner and children.

Whānau may also be able to access other funding through their iwi organisations or other sources.

Find your local

Community Law Centre

View all law centre listings

Key | Community Law Centres | Outreach Clinics

Sorry Google Map Currently unavailable
back to top