Automatic guarantees when buying from a business
Tips for handling consumer problems
- Get all the facts straight and gather any papers, receipts or contracts that relate to the problem.
- Contact the supplier by phone or in writing and address your complaint to the manager.
- Explain what is wrong with the goods or services and what remedy you want, for example, a replacement or a refund.
- Ask for a response by a certain date.
- If you can’t resolve the problem with the trader, consider taking the complaint to the Disputes Tribunal (see the chapter “The Disputes Tribunal”).