Accident compensation (ACC)
When you're covered and what you're entitled to
What this chapter covers
This chapter explains:
- the key features of the accident compensation (ACC) scheme
- the types of injuries and causes that ACC covers
- the range of support you're entitled to, including treatment and compensation
- support from ACC and other organisations for victims of the Christchurch shootings of March 2019
- how to make an ACC claim, and your rights when you're dealing with ACC
- your options for challenging an ACC decision.
Christchurch shootings: ACC support for victims
This chapter includes a section on ACC support that's available for the victims of the March 2019 terror attacks against our Christchurch Muslim community – see “Christchurch shootings: Support for victims”.
As well as the support available from ACC, that section also explains about help from other organisations – including financial, practical and mental health support from the Victim Support organisation, and financial support from Work and Income (WINZ).